The Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) in conjunction with Anti-Vax Watch put out a sequel to their polemic The Disinformation Dozen, called Disinformation Dozen: The Sequel.
The same lie that is in The Disinformation Dozen is repeated: “Joseph Mercola is a successful anti-vaccine entrepreneur, peddling dietary supplements and false cures as alternatives to vaccines“. My comments on this lie can be seen there.
The polemic cites Dr Mercola’s book The Truth About COVID-19 and shows what is presumably an advert for the book posted somewhere.
In the Truth About COVID-19, Dr. Mercola and Cummins reveal new and emerging evidence that:
- The SARS-Cov-2 virus was, indeed lab-engineered and emerged from a negligently managed bioweapons lab in Wuhan, China
- The global pandemic was long anticipated by global elites who have used it to facilitate and hide the largest upward transfer of wealth in human history
- PCR testing, case counts, morbidity, and vaccine safety and efficacy data have been widely manipulated and misrepresented
- Obesity, diabetes, and heart disease are known to worsen COVID-19 outcomes, but the junk food industry continues to push its agenda at the expense of public health
- Safe, simple, and inexpensive treatment and prevention for COVID-19 have been censored and suppressed to create a clear path for vaccine acceptance
- Effectiveness of the vaccines has been wildly exaggerated and major safety questions have gone unanswered.
What is the rabid pro-vaxx response to this? “Joseph Mercola is using his social media accounts to promote a forthcoming book that carries the conspiracy theory that Covid was “lab-engineered” in China and “anticipated by global elites”“
That has to be the most hilarious shot-in-foot response from these malicious morons.
- this “conspiracy theory” is undoubtedly plausible, to the extent that a US government agency is looking at it. Few thinking people now believe that the virus was a natural mutation. The WHO investigation into the origins of the virus did not even get to look at the Wuhan lab and the team included people who had a conflict of interest as far as that was concerned. The members of that team are now back-pedaling and saying it was only a preliminary investigation that needs follow up. Facebook no longer brands posts about man-made origins as misinformation.
- “global elites” (the sort of people you get schmoozing at Davos) did indeed anticipate a global pandemic – but obviously not this one at this time. They just knew there would be a pandemic at some point. And just to prove it, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) was formed in Davos in 2017, with one of the founders being the World Economic Forum. (So the CCDH, Imran Ahmed and Anti-Vax Watch have not only not bothered to do any research for their “report”, but have made complete fools of themselves). Here also is a link to an article in the New Scientist: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24733001-000-the-covid-19-pandemic-was-predicted-heres-how-to-stop-the-next-one/
It is hard to argue with some of the other points that the authors make in the book.
It is considered a fact that obesity and other medical conditions put people at high risk from Covid. The film Super Size Me points out concerns with the fast food industry.
Treatment of Covid has not had the attention it deserves. The only way out of the crisis now is treatment, so any claims should be thoroughly investigated, not censored. If physicians are having success with treatments, they need to be followed up and rolled out if they have potential. The blinkered pro-vaxxers only know one solution – and as time goes on, it is ever more apparent that it isn’t a solution.
I could go on about their polemic, but what’s the point? CCDH, Imran Ahmed and Anti-Vax Watch just have no credibility left. They are misguided and malicious. If they get their way of shutting down all dissent, they will postpone recovery by years.