Is a Covid-19 vaccination passport the “mark of the beast” as outlined in the Book of Revelation in the New Testament? I personally think that unlikely, but the way things are going in the United States of America makes one wonder at the similarities. But one thing I do see is that it adds to the plausibility of a mark of the beast, and how easy it is going to be to get people to accept it, and how the people who cannot accept it are going to be attacked and shamed and ridiculed and prevented from taking part in any normal transaction of a normal life.
First, let’s look at what the Bible says: “It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.” (NIV, Revelation 13; 16-17).
Now let’s say that buying and selling includes buying and selling labor and compare that with what is happening in the USA now:
- The president told 100 million unvaccinated Americans that “our patience is running thin” and issued an Executive Order that every person working for the executive branch of the federal government — more than 2 million people — must get fully vaccinated or lose their jobs. That order also applied to about 17 million health care professionals working in medical facilities that accept Medicare and Medicaid. Get vaccinated or get fired.
- The president also ordered the Department of Labor to issue a rule that carries penalties of $14,000 per violation to force private companies with more than 100 employees to get their workers fully vaccinated or be tested weekly.
- He also called for all teachers and school staff in all schools to be fully vaccinated.
- The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr.Anthony Fauci, criticized the president for not going far enough. Fauci said the government should give Americans no option but to get injected.
- Fauci said all children must be vaccinated or denied a school education and all unvaccinated people must be banned from getting on an airplane. (This is the Fauci who helped fund development of the virus).
- A Virginia congressman introduced the Safety Travel Act that would require travelers getting on a plane or Amtrak train in the U.S. to show proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of boarding.
- Today, people in some cities are being denied entrance to restaurants and stores if they can’t prove they have been “fully” vaccinated.
- Doctors are refusing to provide medical care to the unvaccinated.
- Hollywood entertainers are celebrating the deaths of unvaccinated people, saying they deserved to die, and are calling for the unvaccinated who get COVID to be denied admission to hospitals for treatment.
- Influential scientists are insisting lawmakers make it a hate crime for anyone to publicly criticize scientists and government health officials.
So we have a very clear move afoot to deny Americans the right to buy or sell unless they have the vaccination. Who would have thought it possible in The Land of the Free? There is even a religious fervour about vaccination! Have faith in the science (even though some infidel scientists don’t believe in the one true vaccine). Have you had your shots yet? You’re selfish if you are not vaccinated! That anti-vaxxer nonsense is all lies, conspiracy theories and disinformation!
What is all too obvious to anybody who studies the facts, is that we do not know the full extent to which the vaccines are unsafe. Short term evidence is that they are unsafe. Some scientists worry that the long term effects may be disastrous. We already know that any effectiveness soon wears off so that they do not protect against severe disease and death. They are not the magic bullet that people were hoping for and it is time that we had a new approach of early treatment instead of waiting until the disease reaches, or almost reaches the point of no return.
To return to the mark of the beast. No, this is not it, but it shows just how easy it is going to be to introduce such a mark – whether as a duty to yourself, or a duty to your family, or as a duty to society. We don’t yet know who or what the beast will be, nor what the mark will be nor why so many will queue up to get it. We know that many who don’t really want it will fall in line, rather than bear the derision, hate and exclusion that resistance brings. It sounds really far-fetched until you realise that it is happening already, albeit on a smaller scale.